Chris Greer has over fifteen years experience of running drumming workshops in Schools and over 20 years experience teaching drum kit on an individual basis.
And there is a BIG difference between the two.
The benefits to an individual of learning to play a musical instrument are many and extremely well documented.
The benefits of taking part in a well run Music Workshop may not be so well known, but include:
- Better team working skills
- Improved social skills
- Enhanced communication skills
- Increased awareness of what other people contribute to the group
- A better understanding of how your behaviour and participation affects a group
- An understanding of the power of Team Work
- The ability to concentrate simultaneously on what you are doing as an individual and as part of a group
Understanding this difference means that how we work with a group is very different from how we work with individuals and this is vital to running successful workshops.
This is where we excel.
Last week we all went into the hall to play Bamboo Tamboo. We all played different rhythms and we all played them very well. And we all laughed out loud”
Charlotte and Lucy
Pupils Woodlesford Primary School